Current OpeningsClick here to apply for current Sales Opportunities
Medical Science LiaisonPhiladelphia or Washington, DC
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field based scientific expert who is responsible for the scientific exchange of information with External Experts, health care providers and other key stakeholders regarding Synergy Pharmaceuticals’ products. They are also knowledgeable about the relevant gastrointestinal disease states.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with all key external stakeholders strategic to Synergy’s scientific interest within their assigned territory.
- Provides education regarding the disease state and Synergy’s products across the lifecycle of the product to healthcare providers, researchers and formulary committee members.
- Participates in medical congresses, scientific advisory boards and other regional events as may be needed.
- Maintains clinical and scientific expertise through comprehensive education including participation at scientific meetings and medical congresses as well as through review of the scientific literature.
- Serves as a scientific resource if required on special projects.
- Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in support of Investigator Initiated Trials.
- Identifies and forwards to internal departments key clinical and research issues to help inform the companies understanding of changes if the therapeutic area.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate policies.
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD/DO) in a relevant scientific area.
- Previous Medical Science Liaison experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience within the gastrointestinal therapeutic area highly preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to build strong relationships with external experts.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Mid-Atlantic (ideally based in Philadelphia or Washington, DC areas)