Commercial Program Director
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the overall Synergy cross-functional commercial sales/marketing plan and associated work streams; to align and coordinate commercial activities in collaboration with Synergy management assuring alignment of Commercial programs, Supply Chain, Finance, Information Technology, Regulatory and Medical Affairs functions with commercial planning activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides strategic and operational project leadership to assigned commercial programs. Leverages expertise and provides input into the forecasting and development of program milestones, project plans, budget, resource needs.
- Works closely with functional leads in Wayne, PA and NYC sites to ensure execution of the strategies across multiple commercial projects as well as the establishment of a robust, collaborative environment to improve internal alignment.
- In collaboration with core project team members, provides oversight and direction and is accountable for the translation of project/program level strategies into a comprehensive project plan. Creates and maintains integrated cross-functional project timelines and plans, prepares internal team documents, and authors periodic reports to project executives and coordinate documentation and archiving of project deliverables.
- Accountable for effective leadership within matrix environment; facilitates the prioritization of deliverables; actively manages issues, issue escalation and proactively identifies alternative strategies in collaboration with core team members to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies which impact key milestones.
- Leads and facilitates program management meetings; regularly updates management and project teams on all project related activities and facilitates the identification of program risks, opportunities and/or critical path activities.
- Facilitates communication and information sharing across project teams, other functional areas in Synergy. Develops, prepares and distributes communications, meeting minutes, presentations, and other materials as needed to ensure communication objectives are met. Recognizes the interdependencies of various project plans and what needs to be monitored simultaneously versus sequentially etc. from a strategic planning/risk/management perspective.
- Stays abreast of internal and external developments in the area of post-product launch relevant for the successful execution of program management responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date- knowledge base for assigned project(s), including maintenance of launch blueprint project plans.
- Provide periodic status updates to the CCO, VP Commercial Operations, commercial launch team and Synergy management.
- Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Business/Marketing, Accounting, Computer Science or related field—MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of biotech/pharmaceutical sales Program Management experience.
- Demonstrated effective cross-functional leadership as evidenced by line/project management or multi-disciplinary program management.
- Must effectively drive and maximize resources through the application of project management best practices.
- Leadership style which facilitates alliances, alignment and collaboration between team members, the program leaders, and senior management.
- Skilled in project management methods, tools and reporting and demonstrated effective program management methodologies.
- Exceptional critical thinking, judgment, and analytical skills to evaluate the importance and urgency of problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a fluid, complex, dynamic environment; demonstrates interpersonal flexibility and resiliency to effectively lead through complicated programs and/or issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present research results to diverse audiences
- Familiarity in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Program Management specific software as required.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.