Marketing Director, Healthcare Professional Marketing
Job Description – Marketing Director, Healthcare Professional Marketing
The Director of Professional Marketing for Synergy Pharmaceuticals is responsible for executing the Trulance™ healthcare professional marketing strategy and development of a new IBS-C indication leading to customer acquisition and market share in the gastrointestinal and primary care physician practice markets. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert for the customer segments, serving as an organizational resource for all facets of customer, market, industry and the competitive environment. The role is responsible for translating market knowledge into strategy development strategy as well as leading creation and execution of tactical plan. The desired candidate will possess marketing and other customer facing experience, combined with proven abilities to develop and execute programs that drive positive business outcomes.
Market Knowledge - Develop comprehensive understanding of the gastrointestinal practice landscape, customers, and competitors to lead value proposition for the target market.
Customer engagement - Based on a strong working knowledge of our customer base, lead development and execution of targeted, measurable campaigns and customer engagement programs including events and advisory boards that provide us with ongoing actionable customer and market insights.
Launch and long term marketing planning - Create comprehensive professional launch marketing plans that aligns to business fiscal year operating priorities and long range plan. Ensure go to market strategy & programs are competitive and supportive of the business financial and qualitative goals. Define and accurately measure performance metrics.
Sales alignment - Drive close alignment with sales team, including participation on team calls and events. Lead development and deployment of brand positioning in all sales support materials. Play a supporting role in sales strategy and training and national sales meetings content development
Market Access alignment – Partner with market access colleagues on the development and implementation of product specific Market Access strategies. Co-develop payer related communication resources and tools to support the product specific Payer Value Propositions and access strategy implementation.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical marketing experience (i.e. product management, strategic planning and market analytics) required
- Pharmaceutical product launch experience
- Pharmaceutical sales and payer marketing preferred
- Knowledge in the area of gastroenterology preferred
- Understanding of the FDA promotional guidelines and approval process
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Strategic thinker with the ability to forge focused business strategies with internal and external stakeholders
- Significant analytic skills, able to clearly interpret and distill scientific, clinical and commercial information
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up and anticipate problems
- Ability to work across multiple functions (sales, market research, medical affairs, market access, finance)
- Ability to influence and gain consensus from peers and management
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of industry code of conduct and ethics
Overnight travel ~20-25%
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.