Current OpeningsClick here to apply for current Sales Opportunities
Medical Science LiaisonPhiladelphia or Washington, DC
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field based scientific expert who is responsible for the scientific exchange of information with External Experts, health care providers and other key stakeholders regarding Synergy Pharmaceuticals’ products. They are also knowledgeable about the relevant gastrointestinal disease states.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with all key external stakeholders strategic to Synergy’s scientific interest within their assigned territory.
- Provides education regarding the disease state and Synergy’s products across the lifecycle of the product to healthcare providers, researchers and formulary committee members.
- Participates in medical congresses, scientific advisory boards and other regional events as may be needed.
- Maintains clinical and scientific expertise through comprehensive education including participation at scientific meetings and medical congresses as well as through review of the scientific literature.
- Serves as a scientific resource if required on special projects.
- Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in support of Investigator Initiated Trials.
- Identifies and forwards to internal departments key clinical and research issues to help inform the companies understanding of changes if the therapeutic area.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate policies.
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD/DO) in a relevant scientific area.
- Previous Medical Science Liaison experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience within the gastrointestinal therapeutic area highly preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to build strong relationships with external experts.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Mid-Atlantic (ideally based in Philadelphia or Washington, DC areas)
Human Resources Benefits and HRIS SpecialistNew York City
At Synergy Pharmaceuticals we’re challenging the status quo in gastrointestinal (GI) medicine to develop new treatments that offer the potential to change people’s lives. We are committed to scientifically driven innovation, providing novel treatment options for patients and healthcare providers, rewarding opportunities for our employees, and creating exceptional value for our customers.
We have pioneered discovery, research, and development efforts around uroguanylin analogs for the treatment of functional GI disorders and inflammatory bowel disease.
We are based in New York City, with research and commercial office in suburban Philadelphia.
Under the direction of the VP, HR, Commercial, Technical Operations & Talent Acquisition and CHRO, manages the benefits administration and implementation for all Synergy Benefits, as well as responsibility and oversight of the HRIS. This role will also provide HR interface for all NYC employees and oversee basic HR requests under the direction of the CHRO as well as provide HR analytics support for the entire HR function.
1. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of all data entered into the Synergy HRIS, maintains data and assures information is available on a timely basis.
2. Performs updates, exports/imports, and researches and corrects any discrepancies as needed.
3. Enters all new hire, terminations, LOA’s into the system in a timely basis.
4. Provides technical assistance, including training to employees, managers and executives as to the use and capabilities of the HRIS.
5. Conducts data analysis and HR Analytics on HR data such as compensation, job classification, turnover, total compensation and benefits statements, employment, benefits, etc. and can provide ad hoc reports as needed.
6. Serves as benefits resource for all Synergy Benefits Plans (401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Worker’s Comp, FMLA, FSA, Commuter Benefits) by analyzing, validating, interpreting and explaining benefit plans to Synergy employees.
7. Serves as HR support for NYC employees under the direction of the CHRO.
8. Responsible for all routine benefit administration items such as new hire enrollments, changes, terminations and open enrollments.
9. Provide benefit trainings in coordination with Synergy’s Broker for new hires and at open enrollment.
10. Assists employees with questions pertaining to their benefits and existing policies.
11. Provide problem resolution for all benefit issues with insurance carriers.
12. Process all LOA (FMLA, Disability, Maternity).
13. Communicates timely all payroll deductions to the payroll specialist relative to benefits.
14. Assists NYC employees with basic HR questions and inquiries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, power point, outlook)
- Working knowledge of HRIS (SuccessFactors preferred)
- Working knowledge of Health and Welfare plans and regulations
- Ability to hold employee all HR related information including payroll and healthcare data confidential - high integrity
- Analytical capability
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, highly collaborative
- Highly analytical
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills
- High results orientation
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management/Administration, or related degree.
2. 3-5 year’s Human Resources Specialist experience and specialized in HR operations functions such as: helpdesk, benefit administration, HRIS, or payroll.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Organized; good time management skills; attention to detail
5. Ability to meet deadlines.
6. Strong analytical skills.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time.
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE AND NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS.