Medical Science Liaison
At Synergy Pharmaceuticals we’re challenging the status quo in gastrointestinal (GI) medicine to develop new treatments that offer the potential to change people’s lives. We are committed to scientifically driven innovation, providing novel treatment options for patients and healthcare providers, rewarding opportunities for our employees, and creating exceptional value for our customers.
We have pioneered discovery, research, and development efforts around uroguanylin analogs for the treatment of functional GI disorders and inflammatory bowel disease.
We are based in New York City, with research and commercial office in suburban Philadelphia.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field based scientific expert who is responsible for the scientific exchange of information with External Experts, health care providers and other key stakeholders regarding Synergy Pharmaceuticals’ products. They are also knowledgeable about the relevant gastrointestinal disease states.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with all key external stakeholders strategic to Synergy’s scientific interest within their assigned territory.
- Provides education regarding the disease state and Synergy’s products across the lifecycle of the product to healthcare providers, researchers and formulary committee members.
- Participates in medical congresses, scientific advisory boards and other regional events as may be needed.
- Maintains clinical and scientific expertise through comprehensive education including participation at scientific meetings and medical congresses as well as through review of the scientific literature.
- Serves as a scientific resource if required on special projects.
- Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in support of Investigator Initiated Trials.
- Identifies and forwards to internal departments key clinical and research issues to help inform the companies understanding of changes if the therapeutic area.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate policies.
- Demonstrable ability to build strong relationships with external experts.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD/DO) in a relevant scientific area.
- Previous Medical Science Liaison experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience within the gastrointestinal therapeutic area highly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Position located Texas (ideally Houston or Dallas)
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.